Monday, October 8, 2007

Congratulations, Catarina!

Catarina Kim, an Elliott School graduate with a Korean Minor, won the prestigious National Security Education Program (NSEP) National Flagship Language Initiative (NFLI) Fellowship, 2005-7. She did a year of study at the University of Hawaii and spent a year abroad at Korea University in the second year. She will be serving out a government contract working in the federal intelligence sector.

Upon learning that she was a recipient of this prestigious award, Cat said, "I wanted to share this news with you [her mentors at GW] so that I can encourage other students to try out for it in coming years. This is a great opportunity for all students that are serious about pursuing advanced levels of language acquisition, especially in Korean, Russian, Arabic and Mandarin, and desirous of working in the federal government. I also wanted to mention that applying for this fellowship was something that I was encouraged to do as a result of my success with the Gamow fellowship at GW. I really appreciated the year's worth of research and experience that I gained from being a Gamow fellow, and I see the research that I did with Professor Young-Key Kim-Renaud on translation theory and basic linguistics as the starting point for my interest in pursuing the NSEP fellowship." [Ed. 2005 was a record-making year for our Korean program: three out of only a dozen recipients of this prestigious fellowship were students of Dr. Young-Key Kim-Renaud.]

1 comment:

beyonce said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.